Upon engaging an Investment Banker to sell their business, a seller can expect the firm to find a buyer for the sellers’ business at the highest possible price with the most advantageous terms. The Investment Banker would provide the following services to accomplish this goal:
- Provide the seller with a business valuation confirming the expectations of the seller with the realities of the market place. Investment Bankers are a great source of information on current market conditions, issues related to pricing and financing and many other facets of the business buying and selling process.
- Develop a Comprehensive Information Memorandum of the company for outlining the business to potential buyers.
- Prepare a marketing strategy for conducting buyer searches and marketing the business to prospective buyers. Qualify and pre-screen buyers for the ability to financially complete the purchase.
- Coordinate negotiations and provide deal structuring advice making the sale progress smoothly.
- Facilitate the transaction until the sale is complete.
Most importantly, an Investment Banker ensures confidentiality of the sale, and provides the owners the ability to stay focused on their business during the entire sale process.