Upon engaging an M&A Advisor to sell their business, a seller can expect an Advisor to find a buyer for the business at the highest possible price with the most advantageous terms. An M&A Advisor would provide the following services to accomplish this goal:
- Provide the seller with a preliminary business valuation; confirming the expectations of the seller with the realities of the marketplace. M&A Advisors are a great source of information on current market conditions, issues related to pricing and financing, and many other facets of the transaction process.
- Develop a Confidential Information Memorandum of the company; detailing the business and market for potential buyers.
- Prepare a marketing strategy for conducting buyer searches and marketing the business to prospective buyers. Qualify and pre-screen buyers for their ability to financially complete the purchase.
- Coordinate negotiations and provide deal structuring advice; making the sale progress smoothly.
- Facilitate the transaction until the sale is complete.
Most importantly, an M&A Advisor ensures confidentiality of the sale and provides the seller with the ability to stay focused on their business during the entire sale process.